take a breath & let the rest come easy
6/3/12: Got to rap with Hot Chelle Rae!
alexander william gaskarth :)
"believe whatever you want to believe, love whoever you wanna love, fucking dance whenever you wanna dance. be yourself and fuck everything else"
"If the kids don't believe, make them believe"
petition to make this the new loading gif
I honestly don’t read much MakoHaru fic because I’m horrendously picky. Especially when it comes to how Makoto is portrayed, because it seems like a lot of writers struggle with his personality, i.e. making him totally spineless (which he’s not).
I also prefer to bawl my eyes out while reading fics as opposed to feeling warm and fuzzy - so keep in mind that most of these are going to be tear-jerkers. If you want cute stuff, don’t ask me. (I think I’ve only ever written two fics where I didn’t kill off at least one character.)
All that being said, here are a handful of my favorites!
- Catch a Falling Star by hoshruba [pg-13] [15k] Haru has an imaginary friend.
- Sleep Habits by MyCurrentObsession [pg-13] [12k] Makoto has a need to cling to Haru in his sleep, one that’s persisted ever since they were children.
- The Mating Habits of Snails by Shimegami [pg-13] [13k] Rin is sick of watching Makoto and Haru dance around each other, so he decides to do something about it.
- Adrift by SkyChasingDreamer [r] [15k] Makoto and Haru finally connect in a way Haru’s been wanting for a long time.
- Yesterday’s Monsters by Thesis [r] [14k] Pacific Rim AU. Makoto and Haru are Jaeger pilots - fighting the Kaiju, protecting the human race, being heroes. And then the unthinkable happens.
I can try to keep this updated whenever I find something new!
Who cares about personal space anyways?